This past weekend, the family and I visited Virginia’s Safari Park. If you’re not familiar with it, it’s basically a large piece of farm land where you can ride through and feed and pet roaming animals like llamas, bison, elks, zebras, ostriches, and several types of deer. They also have a few enclosed areas with animals like monkeys, tortoises, birds, kangaroos, and tigers. While we were looking at the monkeys, a park employee was explaining that they have prehensile tails, which are tails that are capable of grasping or holding objects. She pointed out that this particular species of monkey can completely hang from just its tail. She described their prehensile tails as “evolutionary adaptations.” When I heard the dreaded “E” word, I couldn’t help but think about this college-aged woman talking about the theory of evolution as if it is cold, hard fact. I assume she was taught evolution while in school, and like many, she doesn’t question it now as an adult.
Society has taken the theory of evolution and promoted it as indisputable fact. I believe that science pushes evolution on us so heavily because many believe it to be the best alternative to the biblical view of creation. People refuse to believe in God, so they teach the theory that seems to be the best alternative. But is the theory of evolution so feasible? Notice the following quotes by prominent scientists, most of whom support the theory of evolution.
- "Scientists who go about teaching that evolution is a fact of life are great con-men, and the story they are telling may be the greatest hoax ever. In explaining evolution, we do not have one iota of fact." Dr. T. N. Tahmisian (Atomic Energy Commission, USA) in "The Fresno Bee", August 20, 1959. As quoted by N. J. Mitchell, Evolution and the Emperor's New Clothes, Roydon Publications, UK, 1983, title page.
- "Contrary to what most scientists write, the fossil record does not support the Darwinian theory of evolution because it is this theory (there are several) which we use to interpret the fossil record. By doing so we are guilty of circular reasoning if we then say the fossil record supports this theory." Ronald R. West, PhD (paleoecology and geology) (Assistant Professor of Paleobiology at Kansas State University), "Paleoecology and uniformitarianism". Compass, vol. 45, May 1968, p. 216
- "The chance that higher life forms might have emerged in this way is comparable with the chance that 'a tornado sweeping through a junk yard might assemble a Boeing 747 from the materials therein'." Sir Fred Hoyle (English astronomer, Professor of Astronomy at Cambridge University), as quoted in "Hoyle on Evolution". Nature, vol. 294, 12 Nov. 1981, p. 105
- “Evolution is the creation-myth of our age. By telling us our origin it shapes our views of what we are. It influences not just our thought, but our feelings and actions too, in a way which goes far beyond its official function as a biological theory.” Mary Midgley (former Sener Lecturer in Philosophy, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK] “The Religion of Evolution,” in Durant J., ed., “Darwinish and Divinity: Essays on Evolution and Religious Belief,” Basil Blackwell: Oxford UK, 1985, p. 154.
- “It must be significant that nearly all the evolutionary stories I learned as a student…have now been ‘debunked.’ Similarly, my own experience of more than twenty years looking for evolutionary lineages among the Mesozoic Brachiopoda has proved them equally elusive.” Derek Ager (Professor, University at Swansea, Wales UK).”Story Time Over” Proceedings of Geologists’ Association. 1976. Vol. 87, p. 132
- “…I am quite conscious that my speculations run beyond the bounds of true science…It is a mere rag of an hypothesis with as many flaw[s] & holes as sound parts.” Charles Darwin to Asa Gray, cited by Adrian Desmond and James Moore, “Darwin,” 1991. New York: W.W. Norton and Company. p. 456, 475.
- “I believe that one day the Darwinian mysth will be ranked the greatest deceit in the history of science.” Soren Lovtrup. “Darwinism: The Refutation of a Myth.” New York: Croom Helm, 1987. p. 422.
The educational system will lead you to believe that evolution is supported by loads of evidence; however, even prominent evolutionists, and Darwin himself, admit their doubt in the theory. So why do many people accept evolution and refuse to believe the Bible’s account of creation (which, by the way, is a much simpler and easier to believe explanation)? In short, I believe it’s yet another example of Satan’s influence on mankind. Don’t let him influence you. See the theory of evolution for what it really is – a hoax.
Check out these interesting articles about the shortcomings of evolutionary theory: