Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Window to the Soul


When I was playing with Rylan in the floor yesterday, I got caught up in her eyes.  If you’ve ever stared (in a non-creepy, admiring/studious way) at your kids or someone else you love, you may know what I mean by getting caught up in their eyes.  I was looking at the pattern in her eyes and the way her pupils were reacting; how her eyes changed shape when I made her giggle.  I thought of the saying, “the eyes are the window to the soul,” which, by the way, is adapted from Matthew 6:22-23. Staring in awe at her eyes, I thought about how this little girl does in fact have a soul. I thought about how her very presence in front of me is all the proof I need of God’s existence.  There is no way the design of this child just happened out of nowhere for no reason.  There is too much purpose behind those eyes to say they were formed out of chance.

In school, we’re taught (as fact)  that following a random “big bang” billions of years ago, we humans eventually evolved into what we are today.  God has been taken out of the creation equation, and we’re likely considered dumb if we believe he exists, let alone if he created everything.

Here’s something I never read in a text book. In his work entitled On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin stated:

To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest sense (emphasis added).

Darwin himself admitted that the design of the human eye challenges his own theory!

The Psalms say “the fool hath said in his heart, there is no God.”  They also say “the heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork.”  From the perfect, life-sustaining way the Earth orbits the sun to the complexity of the human eye, everything in our universe points to intelligent design.  Nature and everything in it shows the handiwork of an intelligent designer – God.

Maybe evolutionists should take a moment to get caught up in their loved ones’ eyes. The scientific world would be much better off.

 ---------------------
As mentioned in my previous post, we'll soon discuss what the Bible says about the one true church.  Stay tuned :)